( Post 25 of 25 )
For the final post of CR 25, we wanted to have a little fun…
Over the years, across two separate stints, we have previously tweeted a weekly IT acronym on our Twitter page (@ComputerRecruit) for a bit of fun.
With the launch of CR 25, we thought that it’d be a good idea to turn it into a quiz.
Answer 10 multiple-choice questions (out of a possible 50 – randomised each time).
Will you be an AM (an Acronym Master) or be considered NOGOOD (Not Good At Acronyms)? Take the quiz and find out…
But wait, there’s more! If you publish your score on Twitter, you will be entered into a competition and could win one of three £25 iTunes vouchers! Look out for the ‘Tweet’ button once you’ve completed the quiz in order to share it on social media. (For full terms and conditions, please see the bottom of this post, below the quiz.)
Please note: The competition is now closed, but you can still do the quiz regardless!
It’s also at this point that we’d like to say a massive, massive thank you to everyone involved with CR 25 – we’ve had a great month and a great 25 years… Thank you!!!
Your Acronym Ranking:
Competition Terms & Conditions:
1. The promoter is Computer Recruiter Ltd (company no. 02176401) whose registered office is at 22 Llandennis Avenue, Cyncoed, Cardiff, CF23 6JG.
2. The competition is open to UK residents aged 18 and over.
3. Employees or agencies of Computer Recruiter Ltd or their family members, or anyone else connected with competition will be ineligible to win a prize in the competiton.
4. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
5. The promoter is giving away 3 iTunes Gift Cards to the value of £25 each.
6. Closing date for entry will be midnight of Friday 27th February 2015. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be accepted.
7. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
8. The rules of the competition and the prize for each winner are as follows:
8a. The entrant must share their score for “The CR 25 IT Acronym Quiz” on Twitter, along with a link to the page (http://cr25.uk/cr25-it-acronym-quiz/) and the hashtag “#CR25” within the same tweet.
8b. In order for the entrant to be eligible for one of the prizes, the tweet must still be live and active on Twitter as of the closing date (Friday 27th February 2015).
9. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control.
10. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
11. No cash alternative to the prizes will be offered. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
12. Winners will be chosen at random by the promoter. Each entrant’s Twitter handle will be printed onto paper and three names will be drawn at random from a hat. The actual score from the quiz will not make any difference in an entrant’s chances to win a prize.
13. The winners will be notified via Twitter within 7 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
14. The promoter will notify the each winner of how the prize can be collected, which will involve obtaining their postal address so that one of the prizes can be posted to each of them.
15. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by UK law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
17. The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, including social media. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
18. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter or any other social network. You are providing your information to Computer Recruiter Ltd and not to any other party.
19. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
[OMG image credit – See-ming Lee]