( Post 1 of 25 )
We’re very excited to officially launch CR 25 today, celebrating 25 years of Computer Recruiter, which became an IT recruitment agency all the way back in January 1990.
During January 2015, we’re going to be posting a total of 25 blog posts (including this one) featuring a variety of content, including advice for jobseekers and information on what’s going on in the IT world in South Wales. In addition to featuring posts of our own, we have sourced content from numerous guest authors, including Aimee Bateman of Careercake.com and Joel Hughes (organiser of Port80 and The Business Of Web Design) as well as clients, candidates and friends of Computer Recruiter from over the years.
We’ll be sharing a new post every day (except for Sundays) until we hit the 25th post on Friday 30th January. Each new post will be published at 10am GMT.
Here’s a taster of some of the posts that you can expect to see in the coming weeks:
- Examples of innovative, out-of-the-ordinary CVs and jobseeking approaches,
- Notable computing/IT historical milestones over the past 25 years,
- A nostalgic view on what it was like to run an IT recruitment agency back in the 1990s,
- A list of IT-related events taking place in the South Wales area in January,
- What it’s like to run IT-related events in South Wales (from a regular event organiser),
- A list of all the coworking spaces in South Wales,
- What a list of South Wales-based IT employers look for in an employee – and vice versa,
- An IT acronym quiz (yes, you read that right!),
- And much, much more…
It took a while to orchestrate everything and to get it all ready in time for January – we started planning CR 25 back in May last year and began to get things ready for it from July/August onwards.
Anyway, welcome to CR 25 – we look forward to your thoughts and comments on the 25 posts. Thanks for reading!
– Marilyn, Bernard & Steve of Computer Recruiter